Hello again,
Not very much longer to go with this seventh season of That Music List - just a couple of Indietracks specials to follow, and then that's me done until the late autumn.
Warp veteran Mark Pritchard's Vashti Bunyan-sampling Under the Sun is right up there with the best things I've heard all year, and is a particular pleasure to include this time. Elsewhere, the Warp mini-theme this week is upheld by Odd Nosdam's breathaking Trish, a tribute to the late Trish Keenan of Broadcast which I've inexplicably overlooked in the near three years since its initial release.
J xx
BRIAN ENO – Fickle Sun (iii) I’m Set Free (2016)
PALLENBERG – Star Crossed Lovers (2016)
THE SUNCHARMS – One I See (1991)
MARK PRITCHARD – Under the Sun (2016)
OBNOX - Too Punk Shakur (2015)
PANDA BEAR – Untitled #5 (from Young Prayer) (2004)
THE HAYMAN KUPA BAND – Someone to Care for (2016)
THE HEART THROBS – Here I Hide (1988)
MOON DRUID - Not Today (2016)
DOG LEGS – Beast Like Me (2013)
THE BLANCHE HUDSON WEEKEND – No Contest (2011)
ODD NOSDAM – Trish (2013)
ALÈMAYÈHU ESHÈTÉ - Betachayén Tègodahu (197x/2001)
EXPENSIVE – Secrets in the Moss (2013)
MARY LATTIMORE – Jimmy V (2016)
ELASTICA – 2:1 (1995)
THE OLIVE SHOOTS – Dropped and Lost (2016)
GIDEON WOLF – The Hunt (2015)
(c) 2009-2018, 2026 Jeremy Grayson. A list, but also a love letter to music. A collection of links to the new, the old, the recent and the random. New List at 12.01am (most) Saturday mornings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LIST 275 - 10/10/2026 (a sixth cover versions special)
Hello again, "Sunday in Sheffield, people. DID YOU GO TO CHURCH? Don't worry, this is Tchurch!" And the gospel according to T...
-
Hello again, I will not write a Eurovision review this year. Not enough time. I will not write a Eurovision review this year. Not enough t...
-
Hello again, “I don’t know who needs to hear this”, wrote one John Girgus in an open Facebook post in April 2022, “but Sarah Records is over...
-
Hello again, This week's List finds your writer still with ringing ears and a happy heart from witnessing the Manchester leg of Cardiac...
No comments:
Post a Comment