Hello there,
Back from our summer and early-autumn jollies, here we are with the start of season seven of That Music List. Did you miss us? No need to answer.
I expect the next few Lists are all going to be mish-mashes of new, remembered and miscellaneous stuff - heaven knows you had enough themed selections from us during the summer.
So, in no particular order, this time we have something new from the prolific Mr Hayman; the first fresh output in nearly a quarter of a century from drone titans Loop (plus a reminder of how they sounded back in the day, i.e. pleasingly none too different); some gender binary smashing from the ever-impressive The Spook School (who were superb in Sheffield last Saturday, by the way - where were you?); a fishy tale from Francesca's Word Salad (who'll be superb in Sheffield this Saturday - are you coming?); a winsome elephantine tale from the latest kids' album by They Might Be Giants; and a project by the name of Cavern Of Anti-Matter which I feel rank bad about having overlooked for two years, given it principally features Tim Gane out of Stereolab. Oops.
J xx
THE SPOOK SCHOOL - Binary (2015)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNkxOOIDcCQ
KURT COBAIN – And I Love Her (xxx/2015)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI0ZTzuuj68
THE CHARLOTTES – Liar (1990)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06VtQWYIqEA
THE BAND WHOSE NAME IS A SYMBOL - Baalslapper (2015)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqrlXDTwWtU
DARREN HAYMAN - Nuns Run the Apothecary (2015)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSCDyBXCFXw
CYGNUS X – The Orange Theme (1994)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVy_RBt-lT4
THEN AND NOW: Loop
LOOP - Precession (2015)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUnNcPTLeSs
LOOP – Arc-Lite (1989)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqL8EVnrPyE
THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS - Elephants (2015)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPO_V6aOvkU
THE DIVINE COMEDY – If I Were You (I’d Be Through With Me) (1997)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qSHOR9XOis
FRANCESCA’S WORD SALAD – The Reverse Mermaid (2014)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rZVjrON6nA
THE CLIENTELE – On a Summer Trail (2014)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSEfL4WRmYw
MOGWAI – With Portfolio (1997)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhBd8EDjXps
THE CHARLIE TIPPER EXPERIMENT – Something Worth Fighting For (2015)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgm50pogsv4
MICHAEL KNIGHT - Sure, Call Over! (2015)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDmFOw2-oUY
TTC – Pollutions (2002)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nah_o35Uwu8
OWL & MOUSE - Misfits (2015)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY8JNDhrPSM
CAVERN OF ANTI-MATTER - Blood Drums (2013)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DMFV-O9aIU
(c) 2009-2018, 2026 Jeremy Grayson. A list, but also a love letter to music. A collection of links to the new, the old, the recent and the random. New List at 12.01am (most) Saturday mornings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LIST 276 - 17/10/2026
Hello again, One of the many, many lovely things about indiepop is how it reminds one that not all performers of a pensionable age are libi...
-
Hello again, I will not write a Eurovision review this year. Not enough time. I will not write a Eurovision review this year. Not enough t...
-
Hello again, “I don’t know who needs to hear this”, wrote one John Girgus in an open Facebook post in April 2022, “but Sarah Records is over...
-
Hello again, This week's List finds your writer still with ringing ears and a happy heart from witnessing the Manchester leg of Cardiac...
No comments:
Post a Comment