Hello again,
The last one of the week, and the second and final part of the trot through some of my favourite tracks of 2005, including the Boom Bip/Gruff Rhys collaboration which presaged Neon Neon; very early outputs from The Pipettes and Loney, Dear; and a Darren Hanlon track which nicely sets things up ahead of the next List (and probably the last of 2015), which will be the Xmas special a week tomorrow, Xmas Day itself. 'Til then!
J xx
ARCADE FIRE – Neighbourhood #3 (Power Out)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK2IAyCuJ4U
THE FALL – I Can Hear the Grass Grow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGrrxJ2XcDA
ACID HOUSE KINGS – This Heart is a Stone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vIwjaOyZWk
MERCURY REV - Across Yer Ocean
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okjb1ilLask
COMET GAIN – Fists in the Pocket
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz9SszsnNwQ
BOOM BIP ft GRUFF RHYS - Dos and Don'ts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2irZai5Mkw8
DARREN HAYMAN - Caravan Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kZZHLLwcuI
BENJAMIN ZEPHANIAH - Rong Radio Station
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3HjMcY50Kc
THE PIPETTES - I Like a Boy in Uniform (School Uniform)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0LjsnPzG_4
LONEY, DEAR - I Fought the Battle of Trinidad and Tobago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA5xX_OfiUE
THE HIT PARADE - Born in St Ives
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5k2EBMNrXM
CHRIS T-T - M1 Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy9OrRqFQNE
THE REAL TUESDAY WELD - At the House of the Clerkenwell Kid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1SE7KdcvRw
THE WEDDING PRESENT - Interstate 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjNeycs0IjI
TREMBLING BLUE STARS - Wounded Light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZyio-rL0zU
TEENAGE FANCLUB - It's All In My Mind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwJ8oui029w
PATRICK WOLF - Wind in the Wires
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CppK9ZfE-cI
DARREN HANLON - Spend Christmas Day with Me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuDSW0NMyaU
(c) 2009-2018, 2026 Jeremy Grayson. A list, but also a love letter to music. A collection of links to the new, the old, the recent and the random. New List at 12.01am (most) Saturday mornings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LIST 273 - 26/09/2026
(The Piney Gir Country Roadshow - Tapestry Goes West festival, Margam Park, Port Talbot 10/08/2007. Pictures are author's own) Hello aga...
-
Hello again, I will not write a Eurovision review this year. Not enough time. I will not write a Eurovision review this year. Not enough t...
-
Hello again, “I don’t know who needs to hear this”, wrote one John Girgus in an open Facebook post in April 2022, “but Sarah Records is over...
-
Hello again, This week's List finds your writer still with ringing ears and a happy heart from witnessing the Manchester leg of Cardiac...
No comments:
Post a Comment