Hello again,
Time, then, for the first helping of this year's it-was-thirty-years-ago type List. Those who know me well would be well within their rights to expect something disproportionately heavily loaded with C86 tunes, but I think I've managed to resist that base urge :-)
J xx
REM – Fall on Me (1986)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf6vCjtaV1k
THE BODINES – Heard It All Before (1986)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQcA-zEyMQY
ELVIS COSTELLO & THE ATTRACTIONS – Tokyo Storm Warning (1986)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_B4x-JrW0s
THE JESUS AND MARY CHAIN – Psycho Candy (1986)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdP9kFmXve8
KRAFTWERK – Sex Object (1986)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix07wGATlHk
THE FLATMATES – Tell Me Why (1986)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yd_JUm6Hh4
XTC – That’s Really Super, Supergirl (1986)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4pmp9KsFW4
KMFDM – Deutsche Schuld (1986)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLENqOL5S-E
HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT – 1966 and All That (1986)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0umdnyhjJPU
BUDD/FRASER/GUTHRIE/RAYMONDE – Eyes Are Mosaics (1986)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFYzEc308E4
THE VERY THINGS – This is Motortown (1986)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kv6gPn-wh8
FIELDS OF THE NEPHILIM – Power (1986)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp5ByGC1Eg8
THE SHOP ASSISTANTS – All Day Long (1986)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abhiA4XOXA8
NICK CAVE & THE BAD SEEDS – Scum (1986)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpG0fw1A6Cs
THROWING MUSES – Rabbits Dying (1986)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjaWxOacbbo
POP WILL EAT ITSELF – Sick Little Girl (1986)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqj67I5-dFg
CHINA CRISIS – Arizona Sky (1986)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=765Xko2slLQ
THE FALL – Hey! Luciani (1986)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34u1-rUMQC4
THE SMITHS – I Know It’s Over (1986)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC-KsUAdj0U
(c) 2009-2018, 2026 Jeremy Grayson. A list, but also a love letter to music. A collection of links to the new, the old, the recent and the random. New List at 12.01am (most) Saturday mornings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LIST 273 - 26/09/2026
(The Piney Gir Country Roadshow - Tapestry Goes West festival, Margam Park, Port Talbot 10/08/2007. Pictures are author's own) Hello aga...
-
Hello again, I will not write a Eurovision review this year. Not enough time. I will not write a Eurovision review this year. Not enough t...
-
Hello again, “I don’t know who needs to hear this”, wrote one John Girgus in an open Facebook post in April 2022, “but Sarah Records is over...
-
Hello again, This week's List finds your writer still with ringing ears and a happy heart from witnessing the Manchester leg of Cardiac...
No comments:
Post a Comment